This guide is designed for optimal navigation on eReaders, smartphones, and other mobile electronic devices. It is indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles.
NEW FEATURE: The attraction articles now include links to Google Maps. On a dedicated electronic reader with a slow connection and a primitive browser, Google Maps will display the attraction on the map along with metro stations, roads, and nearby attractions. On an internet-enabled device such as the iPhone and the iPad, Google Maps will even show you the route from your current location to the attraction you want to go to.
Table of Contents:
Essentials: Visitor Centers | Operating Hours | Sleep | Stay safe
1. General: Chambers of Commerce | History | Wildlife
2. Maps: Region | East of Acadia Roads | West of Acadia Roads | Horseback Riding Trails | Main Regions
3. Transportation: Get in & Get around | Interstate 95
4. Attractions: Do | Mountains | Winter Activities | Hiking | Fishing | Schoodic Peninsula | Pine Tree State Arboretum | Frenchman Bay
5. Campgrounds: Blackwoods | Seawall | Duck Harbor | Group Camping | Winter Camping
6. By Area: Augusta | Bar Harbor | Deer Isle | Ellsworth | Frenchboro | Gouldsboro | Saint Croix Island | Winter Harbor